Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Long Landscapes

I might upset some people here but I am not really a fan of Tim Holtz Stamps. Distress Inks, I love and other Ranger products have made their way into my collection but I don't really like his blueprint sets and the crazier, creepier things he releases would just not go down well with my audience, regardless of my own opinion. Until his recent release of the Cityscapes stamps, that is.

I loved them the minute I saw them (except I can’t actually remember where that was) and knew I would have to wait a few weeks until they were available in the UK so I put them to the back of my mind until I saw this Cheiron Brandon card on Pinterest. I just had to seek them out. I found them on Artists Trading Post (and treated myself to a bottle of Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink while I was there too…really must open that!) and tried to recreate the card:

Paris Celebrate

It was crazy easy and I’m really pleased with it too. The sentiment is from a Winnie & Walter set called The Big, The Bold & The Party which was another one I saw on an American website and paced myself til it was available over here (although Tara at Make The Day Special is really good at getting these things quickly!) and its heat embossed in Black/Rainbow Glitter that I’ve had for forever:

Paris Celebrate CU

So while I was on a roll (around the world?) I tried New York too:

New York

They are stamped in Stazon onto Crawford & Black watercolour paper and the colour was added with the Kuretake Gansai watercolour paints. So just Rome, Sydney & London to go. Better get my bags packed…

No comments:

Post a Comment