Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lost: One Summer

I saw this post on Shimelle’s blog today and instantly fell in love with the whole project. I’m not a scrapbooker – nor much of a stamper, way too impatient! – but I do love getting inky fingers so I was inspired to produce this:

DSC_0076

This features donkeys old distress reinkers – barn door and mustard seed – a liberal application of water/water brushes and my brand new toy the Simon Says Stamp sunburst die which I have only cut once but the resulting die cut has been used a few times as a stencil.

I am also fairly impressed with the accidental raised effect I have achieved by adding too much water to not-such-good-quality card. Its not so easy to see on this photo but IRL its almost textured!

p.s. Don’t actually know who Ralph Waldo Emerson is but he had a right gob on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment