Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WOYWW 107 - The Debris Of An Evil Tuesday!


Does anyone remember when I first joined WOYWW, how tidy I was? Well, you know its only polite when u've got guests coming round isnt it? On my desk is a nearly finished blue version of my previous post, the inkblot butterflies, on which I have managed to smudge the sentiment, crease the vellum and glue down upside down... r u feeling wot kind of Tuesday I was having?! You may just be able to see the other colours... I think I'll leave those til I've calmed down a bit!

Following on from the theme of my last couple of WOYWW posts, on the windowsill is yet another canvas that I have painted a seaside theme on, this time with Paperartsy Fresco paints. Then I tried the Mod Podge transfer technique I asked about last week... n it didnt work! I did it Monday night, left it dry and out-of-the-blue on Tuesday, at work, it hit me that applying the water to get the paper off was gonna degrade the paint underneath and I was right. So.... back to the drawing board for how I'm gonna make my huge canvas that lil bit more adventurous....

16 comments:

  1. Looks like your Tuesday was great - love those blue butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your wednesday will be better! From here it all looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're having what feels like a disastrous time, but the results from where I am look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im sure it will all come together in the end.Have creative wednesdya
    hugs judex10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evil Tuesday is always followed by a whacky wednesday. Hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear...... well, often there's a silver lining and you might find yours. Go with the water and see what happens. Failing that, paint over the top and start from scratch!

    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meant to say, yeah, they are holes cut in the fabric! Next week, just for you, I'll do an extreme close up of the work so you can see what I'm really up to with it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just hate it when you hae that kind of a day.
    Love my Fresco paints - hope you do too when you have played a bit more. Have you tried the crackle?
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous canvas! Those Fresco's are fab aren't they? I have a little giveaway on my desk this week ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the seaside canvas...very pretty. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still, at least Evil Tuesday is done and out of the way, onwards.... love the new canvas and the blue butterflies too.

    Hugs
    Brenda 81

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, looks like you have had a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a great snoop at your lovely goings on!
    joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It might have gone wrong but I still love those blue butterflies, and the seaside canvas is looking promising too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your desk looks great, full of 'potential'- I love that description, it hides a multitude of sins, I find, lol.Happy WOYWW Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry you had such a hard time with your Tuesday session, but it looks pretty good to those of us looking in on you. #101

    ReplyDelete