Thursday, March 03, 2011

Alcohol Addiction?

On her WOYWW post yday Nicky announced that she'd succumbed to peer pressure and treated herself to some alcohol inks. I could easily empathise with her as I did the same after seeing King Tim on QVC last week and bought the set of 12 Brights, an applicator & some blending solution from Artists Trading Post - for a very reasonable price in my humble opinion and it was delivered within two days.
What followed was big brownie points for the push back/pile high crowd (an method adopted by many WOYWWers) cos I sat at my desk and thought "what can I try this out on?" I tried vellum scraps, the remains of a laminating pouch and then I found an offcut of mirri card.... WOW is all I can say

These pictures dont even do it a little bit of justice, the first one looked like a sheet of copper, its amazing! The butterfly on the green card is stamped on inked laminating pouch and I dyed the lace on the other card to match my attempts on glossy photo paper (not such a success).


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow I am off to try on some mirra card - have not had much time to play yet but you have inspired me to try again - thanks for sharing Nicky

    ReplyDelete