Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

(even though its Wednesday, but I did make this yesterday!)



Last week Daring Cardmakers had the theme of ice and snow and the way people use the word ice to describe a diamond/diamond ring popped into my head. I didnt get chance to create anything before the deadline but I still wanted to make the card so when the theme of rubies came up this week, I decided it was an omen!

I cut a base card into a 130mm circle (preserving a small hinge) then cut a 50mm wide ring of silver card. It started off with a patterned paper middle but I changed my mind half way thru and cut this out too. I then found clipart of a gem on the net and copied it onto the back of red card, pressing down with a ballpoint pen to create a crude kind of embossed pattern. The tag is also heat embossed with silver embossing powder (and the bow? tied by my mom cos I suck at them!)

Entering this for:

Daring Cardmakers - Ruby
Shabby Tea Room - Lets Make An Impression

7 comments:

  1. What a great take on our dare this week. Thanks for sharing your gem of a card with us.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous! So clever and unique! WONDERFUL job with our 'impression' challenge this week in the Tea Room -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun - how clever of you! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful! thanks for joining in with DCM this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative card this is! Love the fun shape. Thanks for sharing this with us in the Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic - how very very clever

    ReplyDelete